DONATE NOW! SANDY SURVIVORS NEED YOUR HELP.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Coming Clean: PART III


We're hours away from the end of 2011 and this is the third installment of Coming Clean. Check out PART I and PART II to start from the beginning.

In the calm after the storm, I decided it was time to invest in myself. I had put so much time and effort into the something that ultimately fell through, so why not build something of my own?

I've been saying it half-heartedly for a long time but it always seemed so far off in the distance.

Suddenly I felt really ready and at that point, I had nothing to lose.

So, I buckled down and started my own copywriting and creative consulting business.

It's here, it's real, and it's called WORD-OLOGY!

I launched my site, www.word-ology.com a few weeks ago but this is the first official announcement.


I also finally put together a portfolio of some of the writing work I've done...everything from travel articles to commercial advertising.  

I already have some clients on the horizon and I'm really excited to grow my business in the new year.

A few weeks ago, I also got a new job working part-time for another start-up company called Gina's Ink, Inc.

It's a media company that produces content for kids and I've been hired as a curriculum developer/content writer.

Their website, www.changemyworldnow.com is still fairly new, but it's already up and running for several months now and I'm so excited to be part of it.

I'll work about one day a week in their union square offices, collaborating with the program coordinator and our nonprofit partners to create great content.

The rest of my time will be spent working wherever my computer takes me! 

The start-up I worked with over the summer has great potential and I wish them all the best, especially considering their objective is to help nonprofits.

They're a great group of people working hard to get it all off the ground. 

There were some things in retrospect I would have done differently but I can also look back now and be thankful I followed my instincts. Sometimes the timing just isn't right.

We haven't come to an official resolution or conclusion, but we have discussed the potential for working together in the future on a per-project basis, and my door is open to that consideration. 

I believe everything happens for a reason and I have no regrets. 

I'm so excited and proud to be making this move, to be taking this leap of faith in myself and in my work.

I'm also excited to have gotten all this out in the open at this very poignant time.

I hope you take the time to come clean about anything that you've been holding back...or that's been holding you back. It's the best way to start fresh and create space for something new.

I can look back on this year and smile at the various sh*t-storms that occurred, because they paled in comparison and cleared a path to all the great things I experienced...the start of amazing new relationships, the celebration of old ones, and the growth of the most important relationship of all...the one I have with myself.


I wish you all many wonderful, beautiful blessings in the coming year and look forward to sharing my own with you right here.

As always, thank you for your support.

xoxo

Happy, happy new year!!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment