DONATE NOW! SANDY SURVIVORS NEED YOUR HELP.

Monday, May 9, 2011

MOJO MAMMA: A special post-mother's day post...


My mamma MOJO! She's a very special lady. 

She's a great hugger. She makes strangers want to hug her. A little bias, no bullshit.

She just has this warm, enveloping spirit that makes people smile and feel at ease. She's so friggin cute!

Of all the things I've endlessly questioned in my life, her love has never been one of them. 

I have no doubt I would've been a completely different person were it not for her example of continued strength and support.

My biggest challenge has been convincing her to take care of herself the way she takes care of everyone else. 

She's finally taking steps in that direction and I can't wait to see her new journey unfold.

I'm so thankful for the time I've had these last few months with my mom...for every hug, every word of love and encouragement. 

She's been so incredibly supportive and our relationship has grown in ways I could have never imagined. 

I hope to one day be half the woman she is, and if I'm really lucky, half the mother she is.


I was pretty floored to learn that although I literally tell her all the time how special she is and how grateful I am for all she does, my mom somehow still questions her performance. 

Really? Yes, really. 

So tell all the MOJO mammas in your life...and then tell them again...and again. 

It's a lifelong job. And as Oprah often says, it's the hardest one on the planet. They deserve to know all the time just how amazing they truly are. 

Happy mamma's day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment