DONATE NOW! SANDY SURVIVORS NEED YOUR HELP.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Aint No Mountain High Enough


Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

Been feeling really good about my work prospects in this new year. WORD-OLOGY is growing its wings, and I've been really inspired to get it to the next level.

I've learned to be comfortable with the idea of the unexpected, so I'm open to things heading in a new direction, but I really love the one they're heading in now. 

Freelancing opens up all kinds of opportunities to meet and work with different people. It keeps me mobile and my schedule flexible...HUGE plus on my list of "dream job" criteria.

It also keeps me working on different projects, which keeps me entertained and away from the dangerous wrath of boredom...another HUGE plus on the list.

On the flip side, freelancing is a constant balancing act that isn't always stable or consistent.


There's no one providing you with benefits and no guarantee that work will be there at any given time.

It's a constant search and it can be scary and stressful.

The good news is I have a lot of feelers out there, I feel confident about my ability, and the work itself is proving to be pretty lucrative.

It's been a long struggle but I can finally sense the sweet smell of success on the horizon. I feel like it's only a matter of time before my plate...and my bank account are full.


My goal is to establish a consistent roster of clients so I'll continue to have work lined up for long periods.

I've already got several projects under my belt, I'm doing additional work for my new job, and waiting to hear back on some new clients. 

The big difference I've noticed is how I'm presenting myself. I'm advocating a lot harder than I ever have before and the response is definitely noticeable.

It's been a long time coming, but I finally have my range of work in one place and it no longer feels like a bunch of scattered, wasted efforts.

I used to view my professional history as a series of sordid affairs. Now I see it a series of adventurous pit-stops along this endless road trip.


There is no map. You just have to explore until you find a place you want to settle into.

It actually feels purposeful, like I've finally reached the top of the mountain. There's certainly more hiking to do, but it already seems easier from this altitude.


I've ventured into new territory several times before but something feels very different this time.

I'm operating with more clarity and more faith than ever, and that now makes me feel like a person with endless possibilities. 

It's even more empowering and encouraging when you start seeing opportunities that align with your efforts. There's nothing more validating....it's like God is telling you, "Yes, you're headed in the right direction. Keep going!"


Eventually, it'll be time for new mountains. But for now, I'm enjoying the view from this one.

Whatever it is you're striving for or struggling with...addiction, being a great parent, going back to school, dealing with a loss, getting a promotion, losing weight, building a better marriage, starting your own business...I seriously encourage you to keep going and have faith that if you keep putting one foot in front of the other with your eye on the prize, eventually, you'll reach the mountaintop. Wink wink.


xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment