DONATE NOW! SANDY SURVIVORS NEED YOUR HELP.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

MY WAY...


God didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?  
~Author Unknown     

The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.
~William James  

Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.  
~John De Paola

A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.  
~Aesop, Fables

*************

So, I've been feeling a bit guilty about my inability to be consistent with my posts. 

I sat down last week and the travel thursdays draft I scheduled to post was gone.... %@(#.*_@!!! (fill in your favorite expletive)


Today I sat down to write and life happened once again. I lost half my day to a stressed state of mind and was tempted to put it off yet again.

Then I remembered that life doesn't run on my schedule, so why should my posts?


In an attempt to find the balance between becoming more disciplined and accepting what's realistic, I'm changing the name of my travel posts from Travel Thursdays to Traveliscious

With that adjustment you can expect them any old day of the week. 

I do intend to continue...hell, just scratched the surface with my trip. But maybe the posts will be shorter and more frequent, or shorter and less frequent. 

And I think I'll throw in a mix of other things as they come up. I'll probably keep myself guessing as much as you, but c'est la vie. 

In a perfect blogger world, I'd be posting the same time consistently...that's what builds an audience, according to the experts. 


That would be amazing, and it is the ultimate goal, but it's also key for me to figure out what works for me over time, and at this point I'm still experimenting. 

I'm not an inside-the-box, play-by-the-rules kind of person anyway. 

I'll just continue to write about whatever comes up when I sit down to write. I'd rather write authentically than on a timer. 

Are you a slave to your schedule? A slave to your stress? 

What is your stress really about? The need to get it all done? The need to get it done right? 


Are you losing passion for something you love because you're attached to some perfect picture of how it should be? 

Whatever IT is, try loosening the reigns a bit. Sometimes things occur differently than we imagined...but the important thing is that they occur. 



xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment