DONATE NOW! SANDY SURVIVORS NEED YOUR HELP.

Friday, May 25, 2012

TGIF Top 5!

A quick and easy way to "pump up" before the long awaited holiday weekend - and I'm not talking last minute push ups and baby oil - is to think of 5 things you're grateful for right now.

You may already be thankful, but when you actually bring your attention to that emotion, your brain chemistry, mood, and perspective align.

To practice what I preach, off the cuff, here are the top 5 things I am grateful for right now:

1- I'm grateful I averted disaster on my last trip to the bathroom when my phone fell out of my pocket and narrowly missed a drowning death in the bowl. That would've been a shi*ty start to the wknd!

2- I'm grateful for lunch at my favorite sushi spot with my best friend!

3- I'm grateful my friend leant me her car while she's away for the weekend.

4- I'm grateful a portion of the graduation commencement speech I wrote for my client was quoted in yesterday's NY Newsday.

5- I'm grateful the parking cop I found near my car didn't write me a ticket, even though my muni-meter ticket expired 5 minutes before.

6- BONUS: I'm grateful this day turned out to be ridiculously beeeeautiful out!

SAFE & HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WKND!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment