DONATE NOW! SANDY SURVIVORS NEED YOUR HELP.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Silver Lining

When your personal forecast rapidly goes from bright and sunny to dark and gloomy...AKA, when a massive sh*tstorm rolls into town...it can be hard to see or feel anything good.

It's also in those times that you come face to face with what REALLY matters in life.

You get to experience just how much love and support is there to pick you up and pull you forward.



The last few weeks have been some of the most challenging I've had in a long while, but with the help of friends and family, I know things will work out just as they should.

It's also given me a chance to take a hard look at some things I've been needing to address for myself.

It's never comfortable admitting flaws, and it's even less comfortable doing the work to correct them.


But just like exercise, working through the resistance is what builds the muscle and gets you stronger. 

Somehow, no matter how life unfolds, we always manage to get what we need.

A wise friend told me that the other day...requires a lot of faith when things aren't going well. But that's ultimately what gets us through.

I have many wise friends. So lucky to have such amazing people in my life.

I've really missed writing.

Didn't realize how much it gets me going...just another layer in that silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment