DONATE NOW! SANDY SURVIVORS NEED YOUR HELP.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's a miracle!


I SOLD THE CAR! You know, the one that didn't reverse. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

Finally some sunshine after the shit-storm that plagued me on the road recently.

A mechanic from Long Island saw my ad on Craigslist and made his way out to Staten Island this weekend with cash in hand.

His philosophy: When I see cars with transmission problems I'm on 'em like white on rice.

His negotiating style: So, you're pretty firm on the price huh?...Ok.

I couldn't have asked for a better transaction. I loved that he knew exactly what he was getting.

I didn't have to try and sell him or pretend I knew anything about cars. And it was completely guilt free.

I can't believe I got the full asking price!


I'd been practically laughed at when it came to the price. I was told I'd NEVER get what I was asking. Even I wasn't expecting to get it.

Two people offered me less than half of what I sold it for. My sister thought I should junk it.

Instead I invested in a great interior/exterior detail. It looked so shiny and new.

All there was left to do was pray. Low and behold miracles really do happen.


I had to work really hard to contain myself during the transaction. Played it very cool.

But as soon as they were out the door I jumped up and down like a giddy school girl. Such a relief.

Next up...an apartment! A job would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment